Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Ochre Jelly & split

 

An exclusive post! LOL. Since my blog/gallery has so little traffic they will effectively remain unseen ( ultra-exclusive!). I completed this ochre jelly in 2020, but I was unsatisfied with these pictures so it was never posted. I have come to the realization that it wasn't the pictures I didn't want to post, but rather that the models themselves were pretty uninteresting as simple blobs of orange ooze- ha! In any case, they deserve some sort of love - they are widely used in adventure modules so surely someone will find them interesting/useful. I couldn't find any suitable ochre jelly models on the market that captured the complete progression of the monster with its "split" ability with enough variety, so I sculpted these with polymer clay. I think the sculpts themselves are decent and the mass of the medium (25mm base) and small (20mm base) jellies works well - success! I could've taken the paint to another level, but the simple two tone paint with a wash and gloss-coat definitely does the job. 

After making these I realized that the I need a second ooze for DoIP (and probably more for OoTA), so I will have to replicate this design for at least another pair of each size, but that shouldn't bee too difficult. A variety of other oozes is high on my to-do list due to how easy they are to work on, so expect to see more of the classics and some unusual varieties between humanoids.

1 comment:

  1. I do feel part of an exclusive elite for having seen them! Great job on both the sculpting and painting!

    ReplyDelete