Thursday, September 29, 2022

Bone Constructs / patchwork skeletons


 These wonderful "skeletons" are from the underappreciated Crucible line, sold as "Bone Constructs." I think they are really clever! Skeletal amalgamations have become more common in the age of digital STL files, but they are nearly always "large" - very few "medium" scale undead are available, which is a shame. These guys are particularly creative with their inclusion of various animal bones and otherwise odd anatomical structure.I always found it curious that necromancers always had perfectly formed skeletal minions, rather than skeletons such as these. I think they will work perfectly as the phase one skeletons in The Skull Dunes of a The Ghosts of Saltmarsh (or the original Isle of the Abby) campaign. Plus, it gives me an excuse to make more with swarms and a juggernaut! some of the previously mentioned bone golems should fit the bill, but I don't expect the collection to come together quickly. That is fine with me, though, I'll savor their simplicity when they hit the table. Even the bases are super simple - virtually nothing there, but I think it works perfectly. sometimes less-is-more.


These were originally completed in 2017, but I'd paint them just the same today.

No comments:

Post a Comment