Sunday, September 4, 2022

Haniwa Clay Golem

 

A new paint job! Golems are one of my favorite subjects to paint, but it occurred to me that I don't have one of the most common varieties represented in my collection. I found a few options but a free STL by Clay Rade was the obvious first choice for me.. It is based on real world dancing clay sculptures from ancient Japan that were left in funeral mounds. I thought it might work well in both my generic fantasy and my L5R setting collections. 

The paint work itself was very simple - it is nearly a mono-color palate for the golem itself. I decided to paint it as a speed-paint to squeeze it in between the larger projects I am working on this year and it was an excellent "palate cleanser."  I'm not really happy with how the base turned out (I over did it on the sand/gravel) but I don't really want to commit time to changing it. I was hoping it would fit the description of the cave that the clay golem in The Lost Caverns Of Tsojcanth, and it was a near miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment