Sunday, September 4, 2022

Boggle

 

 

 Another recently completed model, I'm on a roll! This is a classic 1e monster that reminds me of my first introduction to D&D, RPGs, and the fantasy genre itself. When I was around 10 my older cousin gave me a number of RPG books that he was no longer interested in. Most of these books were, at the time, unpopular, but they became the baseline for what I expected fantasy to be to this day. Among them was the 1e MMII, and a tattered copy of A2, Secret of the Slavers Stockade. The Boggle was featured in both, and even made the cover of A2:


 

I am happy to add a version to my collection, so that I might be able to run that module someday or otherwise use it to relive my childhood adventures. This model was sculpted by Schlossbauer, who is definitely one of my favorites these days. I particularly appreciate that  it holds true to the original design, which I prefer over the newly re-imagined creature (though, I am happy to see it having renewed popularity, whatever the form!).

No comments:

Post a Comment