Friday, September 9, 2022

Bugbear and wolf

The bugbear was completed in 2021 and his pet wolf was completed earlier this year. These guys are intended to be used as Klarg and Ripper from Cragmaw Hideout in LMoP. They are test pieces for the virtual army of bugbears that I will need to run...virtually every module. These guys appear as often as their lesser cousins, or perhaps more. When I fist started working on minis for various modules this suprised me because outside of D&D they are virtually unheard of. I have snatched up the older bugbear models that reaper makes (which I prefer to the newer much larger style), as well as a few STLs that fit very closely stylistically, so I can create a complete warband. I already have a good number prepped to paint, and now that I have a palate and style worked out I will batch paint them. These older models have a ton of quirky details which will slow down the painting, but also gives each one unique character. Other than the bobbles everything in the paint-job is pretty straightforward with the exception of the bugbears shaggy fur - that style of highlighting can be tedious but my earlier attempt to do a plain fur didn't work for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment