Friday, September 9, 2022

Asahina Tamako, Crane Damio and Shugenja


 This model is part of my extensive Clan War collection and was originally completed in 2017. Progress on this project has been slow, but it is one of my most enjoyable; I hope to complete the entire line at some point.

Crane clan is my least favorite of the major clans (too prim), but they have some excellent and expressive character models. I plan on using this fellow more generically as a Shugenja magistrate, but it is nice to identify him as the named character. The Clan War line is long defunct and all traces of it are nearly scrubbed from the internet, so, actually identifying the miniatures requires a good amount of sleuthing. I guess that is half the fun of a collection of this type.

I don't paint humans too often, but I thought Tomako came out well. Its a subject I know is weakness of mine, so these clan war pieces are a good opportunity to develop my skills in a critical area.

No comments:

Post a Comment