Sunday, September 4, 2022

Champion of Slaanesh #2


Another Chaos Champion! I finished this fellow a few years back but I don't think I have shared it elsewhere. With this mini, I am firmly in the camp of the Chaos god Slaanesh. I have a nearly complete collection of the old school champions, nearly enough to make a few functional units of these mutants. I hope to complete at least one a year, which means I am...past due. Fortunately I have a few ready to roll! These paint jobs are not meant to be competition worthy, but rather an excuse for fun with crazy metallic techniques done as quickly as possible to keep the queue moving. While the base colors are very similar across the two I have completed so far, it just wouldn't be Chaos if they were all cookie cutter. The focus here was obviously on the metallics of the fly parts. I used a variety of blue and green metallic paints over a silver base, with some interference paint for good measure and I really like the final effect. The dynamic nature of the paints means it looks even better on the game table than on photo. I tried to improve the sword blade on it Vs the first champion, and I thought it did well enough that I actually went back and repainted the previous blade to match.

No comments:

Post a Comment