Monday, October 26, 2020

Oni No Mizu (Water Terror / Elemental / Demon)


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have a large number of elementals of various types I have completed, probably far more than I will ever need. Still, I want to do more! Similar to my fondness for animal minis, there is something very fulfilling about painting something that is naturalistic. It is also very forgiving with paint.

I wanted this (evil)  mini to be distinct from my already completed water elementals, so I went with a very green "pond" palate that was suggestive of some ancient evil or corruption lurking in the depths. the higher contrast this afforded lead one of my better attempts at painting water. 

I recall being conflicted about how to construct this mini - the hand emerging from water can face either direction. I opted to having it face inwards to emphasize that it was an animate creature capable of independent moment, but I have since seen it constructed as a wave. in retrospect I would have preferred that arrangement (I believe that was the intended configuration), but I am still satisfied with my depiction.

This Oni No Mizu is technically part of my extensive L5R/AEG/Clan War collection, and I look forward to really focusing on them at some point in the future.  


This is an archive piece I am just posting here now, and was originally finished /published in October of 2016.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment