Saturday, October 24, 2020

Mikey the Fiendish Flesh Golem

 






Mikey (or Mickey, as he is known in Descent Into Avernus), was painted for MZ4250's monthly painting competition. I went through his catalog and picked out the creepiest thing I could find (and thought I could complete on time) for a the fun thematic contest. I didn't know anything about the character  beforehand - he definitely wasn't something I expected to paint, but man, he was fun! I was able to play with all sorts of sickly and unearthly flesh types in a single piece. Definitely a good learning opportunity. Ill have to paint up his creator ("Mad Maggie") to accompany him.

Despite my best intentions, found myself waaay behind today (submission day), so I sat and cranked a good chunk of the model in one sitting. Still, I'm pretty happy with the paint. The photography, on the other hand, didn't work out as well. I am a poor studio photographer, and I don't really have proper equipment to do it right, so I tend to rely on natural light. Because I finished so late, that wasn't an option, and my crude rig of household lamps made for some unsightly shadows. 

But, hey! something new, and fun, in a ghastly sort of way





No comments:

Post a Comment