Friday, October 16, 2020

Beholder

 




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It has been years since I posted anything here, and I am convinced that my blog is the darkest corner of the web based on the precious few visitors I have ever had. still, I will continue to update the site with my various hobby endeavors from time to time. Heck, its almost perfect for that reason ;). At this point I have a fairly huge collection, and only a handful of things have ever been shared, so maybe Ill spend a day or two of this crazy year and binge post for posterity. anyhow, enough of that. 

This big fellow marks an interesting transition in my mini painting and modelling hobby  - this is my first painted 3d printed mini! I have joined the ranks of 3d printing enthusiasts, it would seem. I have found it remarkably liberating to print what I want when I want, and I have fallen down the rabbit hole of printing all manner of crazy stuff. MOAR minis! I have been impressed with the detail my cheapo machine can produce.

It was a fairly obvious choice to start with this classic monster; I have always enjoyed painting eyes. It practically painted itself it came so easily, which was nice. I had had a nasty case of painters block and this helped me break free. I really love the rich purple I achieved here, and I hope I can replicate it in the future. 

The model was sculpted by MZ4250, and provided to all for free.  Kudos to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment