Sunday, March 17, 2024

Redbrand Ruffian #2 / Human Bandit

 

The second in my series of ruffians is not nearly as unique, but that is the point! I like to make my groups of baddies to have some unique recognizable elements that can step in as NPCs, and some more generic models I can use in multiple encounters.

You might notice that I went with a model that isn't strictly identical to LMoP stats. I like a variety of weapons on my baddies that make them more interesting to paint and also to play with. A spear will force some tactical decisions that can make game-play more interesting. I think varied equipment is also more fitting of a ragtag group of criminals. More generally, these projects are my interpretation of my favorite modules, so I make changes as I see fit. 

This model was made by Vae Victis, and was really nice to paint. It has an excellent balance of clean detail and feature depth that made it take paint smoothly without being too busy. I resized it a bit, as I do with nearly everything; it is on a 25mm base.

 

 

 

 use repeatedly in encounters 

No comments:

Post a Comment