Sunday, March 3, 2024

Redbrand Ruffian #1 / Nadia the tax collector

This is the first in my series of bandits for LMoP. I initially prepped and batch painted a collection of 12 models that were existing parts of my collection, freebee models, or the occasional purchase. The only real unifying theme was a bandana type element (rather than a cloak) I could use to visually link them. At a point I switched over to completing each model one-by-one to give each one a unique element for individual interest. Batch painting for me tends to be a little sloppy to keep things moving quickly, so the models in this collection aren't perfect, but they'll more than do the job as generic low level antagonists. I think this one will make a nice leader type for ruffian encounters in town.

This nice piece was sculpted by Galaad Miniatures. I took some liberties with her outfit design, and altered her scale a bit (I tend to scale things to be in line with "30mm" so that they work well with "28-32mm" scale physical models I own), but I think she it pretty faithful to the concept. 

 1 done, 11 to go!

 



 


1 comment:

  1. May I just note that I really like the bases you've got going on these bandits. You really nailed the cobblestone colouration, and the spilled apples are a genius splash of colour and story.

    ReplyDelete