Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Darkweaver

 

After a long absence, I'm back. Today I am posting a miniature I just completed this afternoon, an anomaly for me. I painted this Printed Obsession piece for their painting contest, but it was a tight timeline and I missed the deadline (I sorta' expected to). I went very colorful, but appropriately dark and oozy. There were certainly some missed opportunities for blending, because of the rush, but I really enjoyed the intense color palate, and I think they look suitably surreal (for an aberration). I really thought the PO style works well on this old school critter, and though I can't imagine what I will use such on obscure monster for, it was fun. The original STL size was pretty big (I believe I am using a ~70mm base for the larger model), but the typical specimen is size medium, so I ended up doing both at the same time. 

This piece has me really looking forward to more otherworldly models, where I can really let loose with experimental color combinations and effects. 

Happy 4th!


No comments:

Post a Comment