Saturday, July 22, 2023

Bodak (2)


 Bodaks! I wasn't really intending to do these bodaks but I enjoyed painting the Printed Obsession Darkweavers enough that I was inspired to knock these out as a "palate cleanser" (Or at least that is how I justified the distraction). These are very simple, understated paint-jobs; nothing flashy here. I guess that is the idea though - understated evil. They seem to be just another run-of-the-mill undead-in-a-robe but are actually wicked dangerous. 

The models are slightly smaller than the default file size (I didn't want them to be so imposing), and they are based on a larger 30mm base to help protect the more delicate parts of the model. PO stuff prints very well, and paints very smoothly, so I think I'll continue to paint some of the Shadowfell/Fey creatures I have from them.

I should note that these fellows are from the AD&D Monster Manual II. Without realizing it I seem to be steadily working my way through that venerable tome, one monster at a time. I think I was inspired by Finch's efforts on the Fiend Folio, so perhaps this is my tip-of-the-hat to his notable miniature collection. I'll tag MM2 monsters in the future and go back to retroactively add notes to things I have already completed (bat, I'm looking at you).

No comments:

Post a Comment