Thursday, October 6, 2022

Giant Space Hamster

I just finished this cute big guy this morning for Roleplaying & Miniatures first paint contest. I thought I was out of time so I rushed it at the end, but it turns out the contest was slightly delayed. Ah, well, it got my but in gear!

Since this is a bit of a silly topic I got a little "cheeky" with the model. The original design was missing the rear part of the harness, and my family and I decided that it was because the booty would look like it was sporting a Giant Space Thong. I obviously had to add it in. I also opted for the low road and put poops on the base. My recollection of hamsters is that they are adorable, but that they drop pellet poops everywhere very casually, so, big ol' space poops had to be on the base.

On a more serious note, because I had limited time to finish this mini (only a few days to print and paint were available in my queue), I had to focus on something other than an ultra clean paintjob with smooth transitions. Instead I opted to try and really nail the color balance. Because the model was very ruddy brown I thought I would contrast that with a bright blue base and slight tints of blue in the metals. 

I never really imagined having a GSH in my collection, but now that it is done I think it will make a fine addition to the collection. I suspect it will make a memorable NPC.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment