Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Cat


 This black cat is actually an accompanying piece / familiar to a classic witch miniature I have. It isn't particularly impressive, but it is an interesting conversation piece relating to techniques for painting the color black. at the time of my painting this (2013-2014) I had been using blue-black to get that deep black look. in retrospect it looks, unsurprisingly, blue. when compared to my more recent "fanatical acolyte" miniature, where I used the dark elf and dusky skin triads heavily, it is pretty clear that my  skill with that end of the color palate has improved significantly. Painting solid black colors has always been a barrier for me and it seems I am finally starting to understand the subtleties (shading, highlighting) of the color better.

No comments:

Post a Comment