Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Snakemen! Snakefolk?

I've always loved reptilian fantasy creatures, and snakemen are probably the coolest of the cool. I started working on these guys many years ago to be my own personal warband when I was running SoBH at conventions, but I have long since moved away so my warband project is getting dusty. I have managed to collect a huge number of really great snakefolk minis though, and I'm in the mood to pick them back up again. in the meantime, here is what I have so far:


The two swordsnakes are classic Reaper snakmen and the pretty lady in the middle is a great OOP stygian priestess sculpt from the old chronopia line. Her original sword was damaged so I replaced it with something suitably more serpentine. similarly, a small casing defect in the mouth of one snakeman led to a small modification there.
Since these snakes were for my personal force, I spend some extra effort to sculpt jungle ruin themed bases that would look great but also stand up to play.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment