Sunday, October 13, 2013

Vambrace, Guardian Construct

 


 


As I mentioned previously I will be consolidating all of my various works here. this posting is part of that effort. this model was completed in the summer of 2011.
     I bought this mini on a whim and it is now a favorite in my collection. It was painted by (roughly) following the steps in automaton's step-by-step metallics tutorial. I was pleased with the effect and colored glazes are now part of my normal approach to painting metallics.  In a way this piece signifies a major benchmark in my development as a painter. Not only because I pushed my metallics to a more advanced level, but because I really embraced a tutorial for the first time and learned a great deal from it.
    The base was made with Sculpey and greenstuff and portrays a dilapidated ancient computer core. At the time I didn't really like it because it was clearly a sci-fi element, but the idea of blending futuristic and fantasy themes has since grown on me.  I hope to revisit the concept in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment