Friday, October 11, 2013

Lemures

I have been chipping away at some bigger projects: sculpting a few commissions and a few personal projects, and painting stuff for Deepwars. to break up these intense tasks I have been painting some of the smaller demons and devils from the CSM kickstarter. I find that these models are fast and easy to paint. because they are mostly nude there aren't fiddly details and the smooth contours of the sculpts help immensely to create good color transitions. below are my lemures, fun little sculpts that look very tortured and evil, just in time for Halloween. I really wanted to make them look like the  human fat and tissue I would sometimes see in the lab. The end result was convincing despite some of the more subtle detailing in the blobby parts blending in more than in would've liked.

 



over the next few days I will photograph the other little guys I have finished

No comments:

Post a Comment