Saturday, September 7, 2013

Horned Devil




This was the first paint job that has been used by a studio: horned devil 2. This test piece was painted along with a second devil over the course of a few days. I am reasonably happy with the outcome. I had a near disaster towards the end when my matte varnish frosted badly. I was able to salvage the work using gloss and  matte and touching up what I couldn't fix. lesson leaned: heed the weather, shake well, and don't thin with water in this climate.
    My Demons & Devils Kickstarter loot came today and I've already started on some of the little demons. Pretty impressive haul, without a doubt, and I'm looking to getting my legions of evil ready for the game table.
My stack of minis from this year is getting daunting. I still have a few more devils coming, a good sized Deepwars haul, the last of sedition wars, and tome of horrors at the end of the year. All that loot from KS alone. Yikes! I better get painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment