Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Temple of the Ancients

The Temple of the Ancients was definitely my most ambitious terrain projects to date - it is HUGE. It took many months of working and reworking the temple to finally get it to a place where I was content. This is the first instance where I really toyed with interference paints. while nearly impossible to photograph, they give the model an eye-catching shimmery look in person that shifts between teals, golds and purples.
The statue was a bit of an experiment. The scheme was a risky deviation from the classic bronze used by the studio chosen in part to differentiate it from that paint job and to tie the model in with my Dark Mariners miniatures that have rusted metal equipment. The end result was decent but not as impressive as i would have liked. I hope to sculpt up a few alternative statue models for the dais so that the temple itself can be used in multiple situations.
I'll post some WIP photos to detail the construction of this monstrous piece at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment