Sunday, February 4, 2024

Giant Spider, Forest (3)

 


 

These were fun! Every collection needs giant spiders, and I wanted to mix it up a little.  The  LMoP encounter in "Ruins of Thundertree" calls for a pair in a woodland setting and I thought that the classic black or brown spider wasn't the best fit. Instead, I elected to base them on the white-banded crab spider, known for its diverse and interesting coloration. Check them out; crab spiders are really cool. This splash of color was a refreshing change of pace from the color palates I usually work with -  beautiful and deadly! 

The awesome models used here are from Otherworld miniatures. I am a huge fan of their old school take on monsters. In this case, the sculpting style definitely contributed to the impression of a crab spider - they were a perfect fit. I have a few more things from Otherworld in the pipeline.

My giant crab spiders sit on 40mm bases.

If classic dark creepy crawlies are more your style, don't worry, I plan to do some underdark themed spiders for their next appearance.





No comments:

Post a Comment