Saturday, January 6, 2024

Fortune Hunters Tactical Dive Soldier / Steampunk Soldier Diver

 


Unfortunately, I was not happy with an entire photography session I had which was to cover my next several posts. As a consequence, I am running late with my posts; Better late than never, though! I am working towards having a better lighting rig so that I am not so limited by the weather and long stretch of dark months we get up north. Enough with that.

 I'm still a little unsure about these photos though - the size of the pics are significantly larger than the model itself, which I think undersells it a bit. Sculptors often include a scale reference to provide the viewers with a sense of the size of the piece, and I think that could be especially important (maybe more important) for paint where the size of the model has a meaningful effect on the perceived quality of the work. something to think about.

The real post: This model continues the series of my DeepWars Fortune Hunters and it might actually be one of the first models from that faction I painted. In fact, it predates my records of such things, which were started in 2013! That makes it one of the older things I have ever shared here. Still pretty solid, I think.

This fellow has a classic steampunk design and the model is pretty timeless. As a basic trooper I only wish there were more poses available. Fortunately, with the continuation of the line into the modern era, digital sculpting has ensured that some new equivalent pieces are available for my printer. I'm working on some of his buddies now to give my warband more (expendable) muscle.

No comments:

Post a Comment