Saturday, December 16, 2023

Fortune Hunters Heavy Support Trooper / Steampunk Heavy Diver

Making it a theme following last month, here is another Fortune Hunter from the game DeepWars. Normally I'm not a huge fan of the steampunk genre with my painting, but DeepWars definitely scratches that itch when I have it. 

This is one of the first models I completed for the Fortune Hunters and occupies a rare position: the basic trooper. I tend to be lured by the flashy models for special characters so my collection over-represents characters vs. support models. Because of that, this lucky guy is on the battlefield in nearly every game I play. Sometimes its good to be the grunt, I guess. 

My goal with the paint-jobs for the entire faction was gritty and easy to paint metallics with a few spots of OSL or gem techniques for visual interest. This keeps them easy paint quickly, and that choice has allowed me to grow my collection faster than other genres. More divers to post next time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment