Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Wyvern, Ral Partha

This wyvern is a special piece - it is possibly the longest serving miniature in my entire collection! This miniature came from the resale cabinet at my local FLGS when I was a kid, sometime in the late 80s. I remember the display of metal figures with great nostalgia; ogling all the little metal sculptures made my imagination come alive. I even managed to give it a paintjob with the Testors model paints I had at the time. Little did I know this early experience would plant a seed that would take hold many years later. I  dug this little gem out of a box of old junk after two decades in storage as my interest in the hobby rekindled. Eventually, I got around to stripping the original damaged paintjob and giving her a fresh coat. It is now one of the older paint-jobs on display in my cabinet. Who knows, maybe Ill paint it again some day.

Props to the legendary Julie Guthrie - this classic sculpt still holds up well!

No comments:

Post a Comment