Sunday, April 17, 2022

Inferno Spider

 

 


 I was looking for something to serve as the BBEG of the excellent introductory module "A Most Potent Brew" by Winghorn press, and I was delighted when I came across this STL! I can no longer find it, but it is a simple remix of an undead spider from one of my favorite 3D modellers, Schlossbauer, and a simple flame sculpt. Very effective, I think. I am running this adventure with my kids, and this piece definitely created the moment I was hoping for. 

In terms of painting, it isn't a very clean piece, even for a speed paint, but the fire looks good and hot, and the spider looks ....spidery, so I am calling it a win. The OSL on the floor isn't quite right - I still haven't mastered that technique without being paralyzed by fear that I will ruin the model and spending waaaay to long on it. So, even there it is a step in the right direction - I was faster at least!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment