Sunday, April 17, 2022

Animatronic Troll and Kobolds

 


These were among my first completed miniatures from Bones 5 because, well, they were easy. Not much too them, and a simple paint-job at that, but dang, they sure are fun! 

 My metallic paints seem to go bad more quickly than everything else, so I actually struggled to even get the paint on the model. I had to compromise a lot with the usable metallics I had available to me, But it was a "make it work" moment.  It ended up being a good opportunity to experiment with a tarnished and greasy brass look by blending layering and mixing non-metallics with metallics. The reaper bases were great here because the have an empty cavity on the backside and I was able to nest the figures built-in bases inside. this allowed me to match the texture with GS rather than go through the hassle of removing it. For quick paint sessions shortcuts like that are crucial or it bogs down the whole process. for some models it is critical if they already have a very large thick base that cant be safely removed without damaging the model. 

No comments:

Post a Comment